Saturday, March 28, 2009

High Winds? Pft...we call that rain.

The weatherman said we were supposed to have high winds today. Cloudy and winds 20-25 mph, with gust to 35.

PFT!

It started raining around 10:00 and hasn't really stopped all day! I feel like I'm in Seattle or something! This is ridiculous!

I just came in from the barn. I brushed Angel and just spent time with my horse. Her tail is about 2 inches above her ankle. A year ago, it barely reached her hock! It's still thin, but at least it's longer!

I went to the store after feeding the horses. Dobbs and Millie were eating from the same pile. The other pile was still untouched.

Dang horses!

6 comments:

Drsgjunky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drsgjunky said...

I wonder if Les Schwab is hiring over there. They almost always need a tire jockey.

One of my smaller pastures this morning.

http://tinyurl.com/cx9h6z

Karen V said...

Drsgjunky - OMG!!! LOL!!! I won't complain about the weather or rain again! It's bright and sunny, light breeze, and 50 degrees at 10:16 am. The runs are a little mushy, but only in the low places.

And here I was thinking its Spring!

moosefied said...

There were rain, hail, and finally snow last night. It was a wimpy little snow, but today it's windy and murky-looking. Back to winter for a little while, I guess.

Drsgjunky said...

It's about 6 inches deep, on top of a 1/3 inch of rain we had before it snowed. My pastures have rivers running through them. The rain has been relentless.

One of these days I'm going to be able to hop over the pass and look at some homes. We were thinking of looking at Sunnyside. Yep, we've heard about the problems. I'm more concerned about the summers. I hear Sunnyside is blazing hot. One of the hottest places in the state.

Yakima has newer homes going in. My next door neighbor moved there last year. Been a Westie all his life. I warned him about the heat and lack of rain. Horror stories, like going two-three weeks without any. Will he survive?

I'm jealous.. Over 50 degrees.

Anonymous said...

I think we got your wind down here. It's been howling with Heffalumps and Woozles outside my house all day.