Saturday, January 2, 2010

A small, after-nap rant...

Don't you hate it when you spend the morning "helping" your husband in the barn? (Which translates to cleaning stalls and playing "fetch" for the tools he left in the garage) Then you come in the house, take a shower (with what's left of the hot water after he's done with his), make lunch, wash up and crawl in bed beside your drowsy husband. As you laying drifting off to sleep, he starts to snore, startling you awake with each little snort. But you decide it's not really that bad, and you're just starting to warm up and you're tired so you FIGHT for your nap. Then, just moments after you win the fight and had slept for 10 minutes MAYBE, he snorts hismelf awake, realizes that HE'S been for an hour so it must be time to get up. So he wakes you up too.

I HATE THAT!

So I'm baking fresh chocolate chip cookies and I'm going to eat ALL of them! Ok, I'll eat as many as I can before I get sick, then I'll hide the rest!


In brighter news, the morning wasn't a complete bust. I actually hopped on Angel the Spotted Donkey bareback and rode around the driveway. I didn't even get bucked off!

5 comments:

Sally said...

My hubby snores too. It's just so freakin annoying! I can't believe you got up, I would've stayed in bed...

Anonymous said...

Rant away Karen - sleep is too precious to lose!

My hubby realizes about 15 mins after the fact that I have gone to bed for the night and I am just about in full sleep - he comes in and gets silly with kisses/tucking me in and wakes me up. He also does the snoring/snorting thing!!

Laughing here- good to know I am not the only "gofer" in regards to hubby's tools.

k.park, lk wales, Fl

Cheval Noir said...

Ha ha you poor thing, make sure you eat as many of those cookies as you can and OMG yes, hide the rest for when you're done digesting the first lot.

If it's any consolation, my husband sounds like an M16 in the hands of a crazed four year old when he gets going but denies he makes any noise at all.

mrscravitz said...

I feel BAD when I get up in the morning and find my hubby on the couch sleeping because I SNORED and work HIM UP! LOL

Karen V said...

Mrscravitz - LOL! Mike calls me "Momma Bear"! I know I snore like a hog sometimes. LOL!

We just finished putting together the guest room - bought a new mattress and boxspring, so now I have bed I can move to if it gets too bad.

He wears a C-Pap a couple times a week. But it would have been nice if he'd let me sleep!