Saturday, February 7, 2009

MUD

I didn't get any pictures of Classy. It started raining on Thursday afternoon and continued into the night. Things aren't "soupy", but still.

Things had pretty much cleared up by early afternoon and I thought I'd go catch Classy and give her a grooming and take some pictures. As I came around the side of the garage headed for the arena, Classy was just getting up.

She'd had a good, long, double-sided roll in the mud. Not just her sides...she'd rubbed her face and neck into it on both sides. There was NO WAY I was ever going to make her presentable before dark. I could feel her grinning at my back as I turned and headed out to the barn. After all, I was dressed and had my boots on, might as well ride, right?

So I did! Me and Angel went for a ride, only about 20 minutes. She actually broke a sweat! And my butt is so sore! Good grief I'm out of shape.

No comments: