Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm still alive...

We just got back from 5 days of vacation, though it doesn't seem like it. A vacation, that is.

I spent most of 6 days and 5 nights doing what other people wanted. I didn't even get my chicken fried rice at Ping Pang Pong, though we did have lunch there. Apparently, they only serve it at dinner.

Mike's family probably thnks I'm a self-centered bitch but COME ON!! I paid a ton of money for my flights and hotel. NOT YOU! So why can't I be a little peeved that I didn't get my way!??!

Oh well, live and learn. I won't do that again.

Anyway, when we left, we had some clover blooming in the pasture. I told Mike when we got back that we'd have to spray for it. That is probably what was trying to founder my horse!

When we got back last night, it looked like it had snowed in the pasture. NO LIE!!! The horses are off pasture, so I called Donna Heinen, who is my "go to" seed gal and one of the coolest chicks I know, and asked her what to do. She said that 2-4-D is now available to the public again. It used to be that you had to be licensed to use it.

So, we will get some this week and spray that yhorse-killing crap out of my pasture!

BUT..tonight, Mike and I mowed the pasture. I have a finish mower that hooks to the tractor for mowing the high spots, but I usually follow after with the riding lawn mower for edging. Mike, in his infinite wisdom, decided to use the self-propelled push mower. I tell ya, the man has brain damage! i ended up taking pity on him and helping. It's now almost 9 pm and I'm starved!

The horses are fine. Angel is right as rain, though I continue to give her the hoof meds for another week. After that, I will have to watch her very closely and limit her pasture time. It is entirely possible that she will never taste fresh grass again.

Anyway, I'm off to shower and eat. Ok, eat, then shower.

p.s. Fat Tuesdays is a WONDERFUL place!!

No comments: