Monday, May 10, 2010

Yeesh! I'm such an airhead!!!

I got distracted today. I sent out word via text messages. I got so excited that I made a pie. My son and his family were coming over for supper, so I marinated some chicken. And I guess my brain just assumed that I had connected all the dots...

I GOT THE JOB!!!

I sign the offer letter tomorrow morning. The hourly wage isn't QUITE what I was hoping for, but the benefits package is VERY attractive! And there is always the possibility of "applying up" to higher/better positions.

My first day of work is May 17 - a week from today!

Thank you guys SO MUCH for crossing fingers, and toes, and paws, and hooves, and praying and sending good vibes my way!

luvredponies - thanks for the reminder!

5 comments:

luvredponies said...

Congratulations! Very excited for you! Does this mean you will have to go shopping for new clothes?

Karen V said...

NO! I don't have to buy any clothes! It's a construction trailer 15 miles from my house and I can wear tennis shoes (steel toes if I go out to the dig site), blue jeans, and a decent top. Depending on how cold the trailer is (I know "the guys" will probably like the AC) I can wear a sweater. No need to spiff up!

Basically, the site is a clean-up area. In the 50s and 60s, the government dumped toxic chemical and radioactive waste water from some of the Hanford processing facilities into unlined holding ponds. The waste seeped into the ground and reached the ground water in some places. The project that I am on will be digging up the contaminated dirt, then back filling with clean fill.

Nikker said...

Congrats!! We are very happy for you! Sounds like a good job! I hope it is all that and a bag of chips!

Karen V said...

If there's a bag of chips involved, make them white corn chips and I'll make salsa!

Chad said...

Mmmmmm, Tequilla...with my chips and salsa...