Wednesday, May 12, 2010

More of Dis and Dat

I tricked Kaci into changing pens. He thinks that it was his idea! I left the girls locked up and took the tapes down in the pasture. When he changed runs to investigate the other girls, I put the tapes up behind him and moved Jazzy into his stall. She's too fat anyway, so she and Squirrel can take turns in Run #1, which Kaci had grazed down. So when I opened the gate to Kaci's new run, the drama started. The squealing. The striking. The posturing. The peeing. Jinx is interested. Angel is smitten. Kaci is STILL making noise. He is the Drama Queen of Vermillion Acres. (Yes, that is my darling Angel peeing...) Jinx and Angel have been shadowing Kaci's every move up and down the run, and staring longingly after him if he ventures out to the pasture to pester the Boyz, who are also turned out.






Last night, Kali and I got a rare treat (well, rare for THIS time of year). We get thuderstorms in the last summer, which by the way are NOTHING like in the mid-West or the South. But it was wierd...the breeze was blowing from the south, but the storm moved from the north. I guess that is the wierd part. (For here, anyway) We were treated to lightning and thunder, and great big drops of rain coming in sideways. We sat out on the back porch and watched the show for about an hour. Then the stormed moved off and we were left with fresh after-rain air and a light warm breeze.








And this noisy little stinker made a big fuss when I got too close to her nest...

No comments: