Sunday, September 13, 2009

Feeling Feisty!

Yesterday, I turned the girls out on pasture, and let Beau out in his own run. To my surprise, he made an attempt to graze, or at least appeared to try. At evening feeding, he came up to the barn, ate his grub, then returned to the pasture

So this morning I put his feed out and one by one, the girls started up to the barn. Not the usual race, just a meander, knowing there hay waiting when they got there.

As I was heading out to the arena to feed the two living there, Beau realized that he was alone and started calling, "running" up and down the fence. He doesn't really "run", more like shuffles due to the condition of his feet. He did break into a lope for a few stride...

So I was watching him and it looks like he stumbled. I thought "uh oh! Watch out , dude." Then, as I watched he BUCKED! OMG!!! LOL!!!

He actually threw in a feeble little buck! It sort of looked like how a newborn foal would buck who still hadn't really found his "feet" and was trying to figure it out.

But it was a BUCK, none the less!

Lacey is going to come over and help me "get fresh" with Beau's "unmentionables". (OK, ok we're going to clean his sheath and search for a bean. We can be adult about this, can't we? Oh GOD! I'm going to die of embarrassment)

4 comments:

Dressager said...

Awww! How cute! My old mare used to do a fast shuffle because of her arthritic knees, it was very cute.

Yes, we can be adult about it haha! Hope the poor Beau boy doesn't have a bean! Youch.

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo Beau!! He must be feeling better. (huge smile)

Be adult?!?! OK but back at you Karen
ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39tJ_DYeM_Y

Karen Park, FL

Anonymous said...

Aww! Beau is making noticable improvments every day... you must be doing something (or everything) right!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Aww! Beau is making noticable improvments every day... you must be doing something (or everything) right!! :o)