Friday, October 29, 2010

Stuff...

A new farrier comes today to trim Foxy, Lucy and Mya. He comes highly recommended and does corrective shoeing. Foxy will need help with her DSLD, Lucy needs work on her underslung heels, and Mya is just long so I threw her into the line-up.

I woke up this morning to 50 degrees and fog. It had rained sometime in the night and was still dripping. After feeding, I cleaned two stalls.

Carl, a guy from work, was coming at 8:30 to pick up some poop. Apparently Carl doesn't own a watch or clock because it's now 8:50 and he still hasn't shown up. The farrier will be here at 9:30. Tick. Tock.

I think my biggest challenge this morning will be catching Lucy. She is SO anti-human! She wants absolutely NOTHING to do with people or contact. Since I moved her and Mya into the arena, I haven't been able to get near her. She is just not interested. Cathy tells me that she does love her carrots, so hopefully that will do the trick. Unfortunately, if she doesn't want to be caught, I don't think I'll be able to catch her. *sigh* Other people's horses!

I will have the camera with me this morning, so I'll be taking pictures of the kids. That'll be the next post.

Oh...I taped Bullwinkle. He's 2 1/2 years old and is 15.3 at the withers. When I taped him, he was pretty level. He appears to be butthigh, but we'll see what the pictures show...

No comments: