Monday, February 14, 2011

Let's get back to what is REALLY important...

The horses! And since this is my blog, ME! (I'll probably get flamed for THAT one...)

We had a BEAUTIFUL spring weekend, temps were around 50 degrees, winds light and variable (except for a wind storm Saturday night).

I got two stalls and runs completely cleaned out, horses shuffled and reshuffled, and 8 horses dosed with ivermectin. The farrier comes Friday, and I've got to get more hay.

There are hair patches in the pasture where horses rolled, so they are shedding out quickly. There still isn't much grass up yet, but before I know it, I'll be locking the tubby ones off and mowing it.

Millie and Bullwinkle are scheduled to go to Big Kid School March 1st, but Millie is so fat she may go early for two weeks of conditioning before the training starts. Imagine...horses getting fat here...

Kaci's affair with Ticket was short lived. He keeps trying to run her out of the barn. So I moved Millie back and taped off most of the run. Millie has the barn, Ticket has the pasture. Ticket and Jazzy spent time across fence together and seem to get along fine. As soon as Ticket is up to weight, she will move into the pen with Foxy and Chili. They'll have similar personalities.

I will get pictures this weekend. It's been so nice here it feels like spring, but the ponies are still fuzzy. Mya and Ticket need a trip to the beauty parlor to get the knots out of their mane.

Now - back to business. The previous post and comments will stand, but it stays THERE. Any nonsense on any other posts will be deleted.

4 comments:

Madge said...

Well Karen- on a bright note, I hope you had a great Valentine's Day with your fur babies and hubby.. :)

Karen V said...

Thank you Madge! We didn't get reservations early enough so we and the kids (human ones) went to pizza. Mike and I will have our date later in the week!

mrscravitz said...

It WAS a wonderful weekend. Better than the weather man had predicted! So I rode on Sunday! BOTH horses! YEAH! It was great. You know we should get together for lunch some weekend. You and hubby and me and hubby! We live so close! LOL

Madge said...

Well, my day consisted of getting up at 6:30am, dropping my daughter off at daycare at 7:45, being at school by 8:15am, starting the deep clean for the rodents, class at 11:30am until 3:30pm, picking up my daughter from day care at about 4:15pm, going home, did some homework, took a quick 30 min cat nap to refresh my batteries, went to tutoring at school at 6:30 after dropping my daughter off at a friends house until about 8:30pm, coming home and going to bed... I didn't have a valentine.. :( but oh well.. maybe next year.. and my birthday is coming up.. :)